Monday, April 20, 2009

A short assignment

Dear Students,
I expect you to choose one of the websites I added to our blog, explore it and share your opinions with us.

If you have some websites or blogs that you think are suitable for language teaching and learning purposes, feel free to suggest them here. We can all have a look at them and give our opinions.

Best,
Gökçe

29 comments:

  1. I visited this website: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/xpeditions/activities/08/biodiversity.html
    I loved this website.It's full of interesting stuff. Most of all I liked that there are so much opportunities for a teacher. The website included lesson plans, activities, atlases, an online museum etc. Of course the topics are related mostly to science, geography, history and things like that but I think they are interesting and helpful. The lessons plans on this Website are created for different ages and levels. So everyone will find something related to his/her needs. I really suggest everyone to visit this Website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your suggestion KİFAYET... I visited the website and it is very nice ı liked it,too.I browsed another website.It ıs
    http://www.oup.com/elt/global/products/englishfile
    ı admired this site. Anyone who wants his or her english improve rather than become rusty can visit and benefit from this site.Firstly, you should select your level. Then, you can find anything you want if you want to study grammar this website provides you with some tests and these are very interactive.There are also enjoyable puzzles games. . .I urge you to visit this website.This page can be a good leisure time activity...

    Mustafa ALBAYRAK

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you mustafa.I saw your comment but I couldn't notice that it was you because your name was "teacher2". I visit the website which you have suggested and liked it very much, too. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kifayet...
    In the website ı read about dodo. It is a kind of bird which can be caught and killed easily.for this reason this bird is extinxt right now.If you were living with these birds right now would you do something to preserve them.l just wanted to know ıf you would care about this issue. lt would be nice to see them right now for me:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited Mrs. Myrmel's Classroom Blog . I found that the teacher has changed the blog's address the new one is http://jmyrmel.edublogs.org/. As far as I understood the teacher tries to direct students to improve their reading. Moreover, this blog is also used by students' parents to be aware of what their children are doing or how much they have improved their writing skill. As the teacher says''Last week we got to meet with the 2nd graders to share their writing, and read them our personal narratives. They did such a great job, and it was a nice chance for the 3rd graders to reflect on how much they have grown as writers since last year. If you ask your child what they can do now that they didn’t do as well last year, you will be as proud as they are of their great progress!'' In my opinion that is also another advantage of using blog.

    Furthermore; I want to share our class presentation. we chose international exchange as a topic and used blog as a means.You can also visit our blog http://intexc.blogspot.com It needs some modifications ,for instance, while giving assignment to students there is a need to type a notification on blog.Moreover, if we as a teacher give homework to students such as writing a memory, we must be specific because students may have difficulty in deciding what they may write about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shared International Exchange blog because you as a prospective teacher may need a sample blog like ours in the future .

    ReplyDelete
  10. ı couldn't agree more.Blog is a very fruitful communication tool:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi kifayet how are you? i suggest a website especially for you :) it is very funny :www.first-school.ws it is about first-school preschool activities and crafts. i enjoy it. it provides a lot of activities for kids.we can use them in english teaching. i am sure they attract our young students and they make our students participate in the lesson. i give some examples about these activities. there is a coloring pages actiivities.we can also find flashcards including english words.it also provides handicrafts for kids. our lessons can be amusing if we use these activities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I chose the website "http://www.englishforum.com/00/interactive/iverbs/" about irregular verbs quiz.In my opinion, this website can be very useful for learners having difficulty about irregular forms of verbs espacially at the earlier levels of learning. I think most of us we had many difficulties when we were memorizing these forms at grade 4,5,6,7 and even at later levels. We might get bored when we were memorizing these verbs monotonously. But this website can really be a helpful way of learning this subject in an enjoyable way. In this website, there is a system like a game or contest. In this game, the one form is given and the other forms of verbs are asked. If it is responded correctly,one point is added to your score. But, if it is answered false,one point is removed from your current score and the exercise is finished until you reach the target score. By this way, the errors can be corrected by having the opportunity to do the exercise which is done false. And this system is adjusted according to learners' level. And the verbs can be changed to practice every verb. When I will be an English teacher of young learners, I think I propose my students to use this website when they are learning irregular forms of verbs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Aysegul: I really like the website you recommended. I even found myself in completing target score ... I think i will utilize this website in the future....

    best;

    ReplyDelete
  15. To Ayşegül. I also liked the website you recommended for us. It has a good way of teaching the subject. I will look at the websites and recommend all of you the benefits of them..

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is an ENJOYABLE site! -especially for the young learners-
    http://www.starfall.com/n/level-k/index/load.htm?f
    learners are starting from the very beginning: from ABC alphabet. After they have learned the ABC, they can move to the reading part, including many stories each one designed to improve a spesific skill. students are learning while they are enjoying themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi all friends.
    I have a geat news for you. Think about a website page that includes lots of link about ELT / EFL / ESL.It is just one click away from you.>>> To see the website page please click on below:
    http://www.ingilish.com/elt-links.htm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi all friends.
    I have a geat news for you. Think about a website page that includes lots of links about ELT / EFL / ESL. It is just one click away from you.>>> To see the website page please click on the below:
    http://www.ingilish.com/elt-links.htm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello dear friends. I want to share our webquest page with you. I am sure you will like at. Have a look at it: http://www.questgarden.com/82/07/6/090508042907/

    ReplyDelete
  20. caner ı visited and axamined your webquest. thank you for your donations to ELT world:)but you should do some changes in teacher's page part to make it more formal... but still thank you and your group members...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Caner ı visited your webquest. I like it very much. It seems very enjoyable. On the other hand I agree with Ferhat in that teacher's page should be more formal... Teachers need more reasons to use it. Just being enjoyable is not enough to do an activity in the classroom... You may write the pedagogical aspects of using a such a webquest. What are the skills that this webquest can enhance?

    ReplyDelete
  22. To Husna; I visited Caner's webquest and ı really like it read your comment about this webquest ı think you didn't realize this sentence which is the answer of your question.(You can see it on both teacher page and student page. "This webquest is created to enhance students' analyzing and summarizing skills and to develop students' creative thinking by using writing skills".

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo thanks Furkan.I was very tired when I said that.It didn't take my attention before you said it.Additionally I still think that the teachers' page must be more formal...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi my friends.
    If you search an enjoyable website, this is the BEST one I have recommended to you. I have visited http://www.scholastic.com/ispy/index.asp and I have found it quite helpful, especially for young learners. There are many games related with what you have learned. Many different videos, games, stories, printables... are available for you. The only thing which you will do is 'clicking' on it.
    This website is prepared for teachers, parents, kids, administers… Everyone can find a related page for their interests. I claim that you will spare a lot of times while navigating on this website. Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Dear Friends,
    I chose the website " www.britishcouncil.org/kids-stories.htm".In fact ,I don't know how I can start but believe me there are many things to talk and write about it.Fistly I will mention about the general aim of it,It is for children who are learning English as a second or foreign language, with games, activities, songs and stories which are designed to help children learn English.
    You can create your own story with the words that you chose...You can listen songs at different levels and you can read a lot of stories accordingto your level:)And there are many many things that you can do in this website without thinking about the time:)
    The most important and interesting thing is the Parents'Page of this website.Many parents want to help their child or children with their English but are not sure what they can do to help. In this section you'll find tips and ideas about helping a child learn English. Just click on the topic to find tips and advice.

    I think it is enough...You can visit this website and use for your future children(studensts)...

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ı have visited http://www.nadasisland.com/idioms/ site . this sited is very beneficial for prospective teachers and all the people who teach english since it plays a prominent role in planning a lesson which is about idioms. Idioms are not on top sometimes to teach for teachers for they have figurative meanings and they involve being competent in English. This site does practically most of the job for theacher everybody can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your contribution.